The lost and found receives many personal items and articles of value that we attempt to the rightful owner. Lost items are only kept for 30 days due to limited space. After that, any unclaimed items are disposed of through Excess and Surplus Property Management. Funds generated from unclaimed items are donated to the campus scholarship fund.
Where can I claim my lost item?
Our office is in 065 Allyn Hall and is open from 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Monday through Friday. Please bring a valid identification to claim your lost property. We also keep a list of contacts in other buildings on campus that hold lost and found items. Please call (937) 775-4444 to find a point of contact for another location. If you collect and hold lost and found items in your building and are not on the list, please contact us at the Customer Care Center and we will add you.
Lost Items We Will Accept
- Credit cards
- Prescription glasses
Lost Items We Cannot Accept
- Clothing of a personal nature
- Swimwear, socks, and flip-flops
- Prescription drugs
- Make-up, lotions, hair brushes, hair clips, or hair products
- Contact solution or ear plugs
- Potential biohazards, such as diabetic kits, etc. Please contact Environmental Health and Safety to arrange for removal and disposal.