We are committed to supporting the students, staff, faculty, and visitors at Wright State by managing the parking needs of the university while providing excellent customer service. Our policies and procedures are designed to help alleviate parking and traffic issues at our campus while keeping motorists and pedestrians safe. Purchasing a parking pass may not guarantee parking will be available in your preferred lot, but we strive to design policies to make parking safe and accessible for everyone who visits our campus.
Office Hours and Parking Portal Links
The Parking office is located in 065 Allyn Hall. Our hours are 7 a.m.–3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. We are closed from 1 to 2 p.m. each day. For your parking needs, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use your My Parking Account to:
- Order parking permits
- Manage your parking account
- Appeal/pay citations
- Add or update your personal or vehicle information
On this page:
For the Fall 2021 semester, commuter students can buy a C parking permit.
- Commuter permits are valid in all lots on the main campus for Fall 2021 semester.
- Permits are also valid in unrestricted spaces in Wright State Nutter Center Lots 1–9, except during scheduled events
Lot 4 parking is available during the busier times of the day. Officers monitor all lots year-round.
Parking is not permitted in:
- Spaces marked as restricted (e.g., visitor spaces, ADA accessible spaces, spaces marked reserved, or for university vehicles). Officers monitor all lots year-round.
- Residential parking spaces in community lots.
- Campus permits are not valid for event parking at the Nutter Center.
If you live on campus during the Fall 2021 semester, there are residential parking lots assigned to you based on where you live. Residential permits are valid for spaces unless the space is marked as restricted (e.g., visitor spaces, ADA accessible spaces, or spaces marked reserved or for university vehicles). Officers monitor all lots year-round.
- Honors, Woods, College Park, and University Park (D permit) residents can park in spaces in those residential communities' lots.
- Forest Lane (L permit) residents can park in the Forest Lane community lot or Lot 4 for overflow parking.
- Hamilton Hall (H permit) residents can park in white-lined spaces in Lot 4.
- Village apartment (V permit) residents can park in spaces next to the Village buildings or in the adjacent lot near the picnic shelter, all lots on main campus, and unrestricted spaces at the Nutter Center Lots 1–9, except during scheduled events.
Visitors to Campus Housing this semester, Fall 2021, are being limited as an extra safety measure. Please contact Residence Life & Housing in advance of your visit by email at email@example.com, whenever possible.
Faculty, staff, and contract staff can buy B permits. Graduate assistants, teaching assistants, and student employees are not eligible for B permits, but can purchase a commuter or residential student parking pass.
Faculty, staff, and contract staff with B permits can park in:
- Yellow-lined spaces in Lots 1, 1a, 3, 4, 7, 8 (gated), 9, 10, 11, 13 (gated), 14, 15, 16, 17, and 18.
- Unrestricted spaces in Nutter Center Lots 1–9, except during scheduled events.
- Reserved A permit parking spaces from 4 p.m. to 6 a.m. Monday through Friday and all day on the weekend.
To ensure there is parking for commuter students, you should park in white-lined spaces only when the yellow-lined spaces are unavailable. Residential lots are for students only; spaces can be used except for those marked as restricted (e.g., visitor spaces, ADA accessible spaces, spaces marked reserved, or for university vehicles). Faculty assigned to teach a class at the Honors Community can use the spaces next to the building. To access Lots 8 and 13, you need a valid permit or a Wright1 Card to enter. Your access to those lots will activate the day after you purchase your permit. Annual passes are activated the week following December Commencement.
New A permits are being issued. Only employees who are employed full-time on campus and have not retired are eligible to renew or purchase an A permit. A permit holders follow the same guidelines as B permit holders, except that they can park in designated reserved spaces within assigned lots. A permit parking spots are open to anyone who has a valid employee B permit from 4 p.m. to 6 a.m. on weekdays and at any time on weekends. A permit holders cannot park in other spaces marked restricted, such as spaces reserved for visitors, people with disabilities, or spaces marked for university vehicles.
What if I leave the university?
If you leave the university, you must turn in your parking pass to the Customer Care Center at 065 Allyn Hall. Neglecting to return your parking permit may result in the deferment of your final paycheck. Visit the employee separation policy for more information.
Replacement permits are available for $15 if yours has been lost or stolen. Contact the Customer Care Center at 937-775-4444 in 065 Allyn Hall.
Student parking permit fees are $48. Permits will be valid through December 31, 2021.
Employee parking permit fees are $48 for new employees. Permits will be valid through December 31, 2021. The permits of existing employees will be valid through December 31, 2021.
For new employees, the cost of A permits will be prorated based upon the amount of time that they will be used, as they will be valid through December 31, 2021. The permits of existing employees will be valid through December 31, 2021.