Friday, October 5, 2018, 11 am to 2 pm
Student Union Atrium
Wright Brothers Day celebrates the anniversary of Wilbur Wright’s 39-minute flight on Huffman Prairie on October 5, 1905. The flight demonstrated that the Wright brothers had advanced their design to the point of a practical airplane. Wright Brothers Day honors the pioneering spirit of the Wright Brothers by featuring innovative research, design, and demonstrations from Wright State faculty and departments, as well as organizations in the community. Join us for FREE pizza, raffle, prizes, a selfie station, and more!
At this year's event, our vendors will include
- A video gaming development/simulation lab by the Air Force Research Labs
- A cardiac risk interface by Mile Two
- Information on genomic cancer biomarkers
- Representations from the National Museum of the U.S. Air Force
- A virtual reality surgery simulation by human factors engineering program
- A robotic arm display and information on artificial limb regeneration
- Wright Brothers and Katharine Wright actors
The event is held in the Student Union Atrium and is organized by the American Marketing Association of Wright State University. The event also featured a raffle and trivia contest, a selfie station, Wright Brothers actors, and more.
Wright State University’s American Marketing Association Club (AMAWSU) does real work, implements real marketing plans, and gets real results. AMAWSU does not just promote Wright Brothers Day, but made the event something worth experiencing. The students in the club plan the event with the Marketing Department in the Raj Soin College of Business.