Thursday, February 8, 4 pm to 5 pm
Thursday, February 15, 4 pm to 5 pm
Thursday, February 22, 4 pm to 5 pm
Thursday, March 1, 4 pm to 5 pm
Thursday, March 8, 4 pm to 5 pm
Employee Health & Wellness Center, 111B Medical Sciences
Free Tobacco Cessation Classes Starting February 8, 2018. PHDMC offers Clinical Best Practice Cessation modeled after the Mayo Clinic.
- Class meets Thursdays, 4–5 p.m.
- 5 session curriculum (see below)
- Free for WSU employees and students
- Free NRT patches for one month ($80 - $100 value)
- Need at least 8 participants to make each class
Contact Doug Newton, Wellness Program Director, firstname.lastname@example.org, (937) 775-5256
- Week 1 – Thinking about quitting.
Assessments on readiness as well as introduction on the health issues with tobacco.
- Week 2 – Getting ready.
All forms of pharmacotherapy are covered and participants make a tentative decision on cessation. Identification on “triggers” are discussed.
- Week 3 – It’s quit week.
Participants will identify common withdrawal symptoms and key steps for a successful quit. Participants will set a quit date at this time.
- Week 4 – Staying quit for good.
Participants will report on quit and assessments are done. Participants will gain understanding of most common relapse issues.
- Week 5 – All other concerns.
Participants will gain knowledge on how stress can cause relapse as well as how healthy eating and active living can impact their success.