Saturday, October 13, 2012 - 9:00am to 3:00pm
Saturday, October 20, 2012 - 9:00am to 3:00pm
WSU Student Union, Cambiar Room (153SU)
Students in this course, developed by the League of American Bicyclists, will learn:
1. How to ride a bicycle safely and efficiently in traffic.
2. Skills needed to ride and control the bicycle safely, including life-saving maneuvers.
3. Vehicular cycling, including bicycle commuting
4. Proper bicycle positioning in traffic.
5. How to choose an appropriate, properly fitted and comfortable bicycle for their needs.
6. Key features of the bicycle and how it works.
7. How to make necessary bicycle adjustments.
8. How to change a flat bicycle tube.
9. How to choose appropriate cycling clothing and accessories.
10. How to fit a helmet properly.
11. How to perform a quick bicycle inspection before each ride.
The cost is $50.00 and includes League of American Bicyclists Traffic Skills 101text book and Instructor
To register visit the Outdoor Resource Center at 037 Student Union, Monday - Friday from 12:00pm-8:00pm. 937-775-5019