Incoming First-Year Students
Are you starting in the Fall Semester?
You will attend two separate sessions:
- A one-day Summer Orientation between June 1 and August 2.
- This is where you will register for your Fall Semester classes.
- There are special programs for Parents and Family Members during this program
- Registration will be available in mid-April.
- First Flight: Your Collegiate Success Summit on August 23 (just you and all incoming Raiders)
- Friday, August 23, 2019
- During First Flight, the entire Class of 2023 will be on campus together for this very important program. You will meet with faculty and staff from your academic college, get tips on how to excel in your classes, learn more about important support services available to you, meet other members of the Class of 2023, and have fun!
The University’s orientation program is designed to support new students throughout their journey at Wright State University. New Student Orientation facilitates and supports the integration of new students into the academic, educational and social culture of Wright State. Wright State University is committed to transforming the lives of our students and the communities we serve.
- Foster the development of faculty, staff, and peer support networks for students.
- Familiarize students and parents with campus facilities, resources, support services, and Wright State traditions.
- Promote an atmosphere which values diversity, and fosters respect for others.
- Address the special needs of commuters, transfers, differently abled, multicultural and international students.
- Reduce student and parent anxiety.
- Introduce students to the academic environment and the Wright State Core.
- Advise and register students for their first semester courses.
- Provide information about advising, financial aid, technology and campus safety.
- Assist students in:
- Exploring the world of higher education
- Clarifying why they are in college
- Establishing realistic goals for their collegiate experience