Recruiting for faculty and staff positions can be done in many ways. One way is to post online advertisements. Other ideas are listed below. For more information or assistance identifying recruitment resources for a search in your department, please see the right side menu bar or feel free to contact the Office of Equity and Inclusion.
- Advertise with professional organizations in your field
- Identify affinity groups, special interest groups, committees, etc. that are specific to women, minorities, veterans, individuals with disabilities and other diverse individuals within professional organizations and contact them directly to ask for assistance with recruitment
- Build relationships with department chairs, graduate directors and deans in your discipline at Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs), Hispanic Serving Institutions (HSIs), Tribal Colleges and Universities (TCUs), Women’s Colleges and Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institutions (AANAPI)
- Advertise with Career Services offices at HBCUs, HSIs, TCUs, AANAPIs, Women’s Colleges, etc.
- Build relationships with local and regional Job and Family Services offices and the VET representatives at those offices
- Advertise on national websites that are designed to help recruit minority candidates
- Advertise on websites and build relationships with organizations for military personnel and veterans
- Build relationships with organizations for individuals with disabilities
- Build relationships with local and regional chambers of commerce and other organizations that support minorities