Mission and Vision
Emergency Management, a program of the Office of Risk Management, is committed to a continuous process of preparing for, responding to, recovering from, and reducing or eliminating the losses from natural and technological hazards that may negatively affect its students, faculty, staff, visitors, intellectual property, and facilities at Wright State University.
To that end, Emergency Management will
- Establish and promote a foundation for emergency management and the framework for effective plans and procedures;
- Develop and align achievable emergency management goals and objectives with the vision, mission, and purpose of Wright State University;
- Define procedures pertinent to the execution of the Emergency Management Program;
- Identify, establish, and maintain good working relationships with internal and external emergency management partners; and
- Strengthen program continuity and viability by identifying source funding, recommending normal budget levels, and establishing expected benchmarks or milestones.
The Emergency Management Program shall incorporate elements relative and applicable to emergency preparedness, mitigation, response, and recovery activities at Wright State University. Those elements are from the national standard on emergency management and business continuity programs (National Fire Protection Association Standard 1600).
Emergency Management will achieve a balanced and measured, disaster resistant, risk-based process that will be comprehensive in approach and will continuously improve Wright State University’s ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to, recover from, and reduce or eliminate losses due to major natural and human-borne emergencies.