The Reading Endorsement K-12 is designed for the teaching professional who seeks to advance literacy knowledge and teaching skills. The coursework for the endorsement involves: literacy theories, content area literacy, literacy assessments and evaluations, working with at-risk readers/writers, and serving as a literacy leader within a school setting.
Upon successful completion of the Reading K-12 endorsement program of study and passing the licensure exams, the holder of an Ohio standard teaching credential may add an endorsement in Reading K-12.
- Bachelor's degree in Education
- Current Ohio teaching license
- 3.0 Cumulative minimum undergraduate GPA
- Admit under CONDITIONAL status if undergraduate GPA is 2.7-2.99 and GRE or MAT score is in the 50th percentile or better. CONDITIONAL status will be lifted after the candidate demonstrates the ability to maintain a GPA at or above 3.0 in the first 9 credit hours of their graduate program coursework.
- Completion of required Ohio pre-requisite "Reading Core," which includes 9 credit hours of reading/writing methods classes AND 3 credit hours in the teaching of Phonics.
For additional information: