To be admitted to the certificate program, students need to meet the following qualifications:
- BS or BA degree in an information systems, computer science or a business-related field
- A minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.7/4.0 or a graduate GPA of 3.0/4.0
- There are no mathematics or statistics prerequisites
- A resume indicating three or more years of work experience in an information technology related field
- If the applicant's native language is not English, a minimum score of 79/120 (IBT) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is required or a band 6 through the International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
Students are expected to earn a grade of "B" or better for all courses comprising the program of study. In order to receive the Information Technology Management Graduate Certificate, the student must have an overall GPA of 3.0 and no more than one "C" in the program.