In addition to meeting requirements for admission established by the Graduate School, candidates for the Educational Specialist degree (Ed. S.) must have a minimum grade point average from previous graduate studies of 3.3 or better.
MAT/GRE - required for all Ed.S. degree applicants.
Candidates must score in the 50th percentile or better on the Miller Analogy Test (MAT) or the Graduate Records Exam (GRE).
Program Learning Outcomes:
- Understand development, articulation, implementations, and stewardship of a district vision
- Understand teaching and learning focal point of schools
- Understand school district operations
- Understand collaboration with families and community members
- Understand the value of integrity, fairness, ethics
- Understand how to respond to and influence political, social, cultural, economic, and legal issues in the appropriate context
For additional information:
- Education Specialist, EdS - Advanced Curriculum and Instruction
- Education Specialist, EdS - Superintendency
- Department of Leadership Studies in Education and Organizations
- College of Education and Human Services