Take a Colleague to Lunch!
Observe each other’s teaching, then talk about it over lunch.
The Center for Teaching and Learning will pick up the tab!
Here’s how it works
- Find a colleague whose teaching intrigues you.
- Complete the brief application form and send it to Teaching Innovation Coordinator Carolyn Stoermer (email@example.com).
- Once approved, observe each other’s classes.
- Go to lunch and talk about your teaching.
- Submit your lunch receipts and send Carolyn a brief follow-up e-mail in which you answer these questions: What did you learn? How might you implement something new in your own courses?
Other things to consider
- All faculty are eligible once per year. Adjuncts and GTAs are eligible if they participate with a full-time faculty member.
- 1st-year faculty, adjuncts, and GTAs can be in the same department as the colleague they observe; everyone else must find a colleague from a different academic department.
- Each participant must save the lunch receipt and submit a follow-up e-mail to receive reimbursement, which is limited to the $9 per diem rate.
- There are a limited number of opportunities each semester.
Take a Colleague to Lunch Downloads