What is Blackboard Collaborate™?
(formerly called Elluminate)
Narrate a PowerPoint presentation online live with this Web conferencing system made for higher education. Students may participate in the session with two-way audio, text messaging, a shared whiteboard, polling and more.
Blackboard Collaborate includes the following features.
- Shareable, Interactive Whiteboard
- Import images and PowerPoint slides. Illustrate in real time with built-in drawing tools.
- Clear, Two-way Audio Over the Internet
- Push-to-talk hot key makes live voice communication easy.
- Universal Access
- Works with Windows, Macintosh, broadband and dialup.
- Intuitive, Easy-to-Use Interface
- Participants quickly get up to speed and are then free to focus on the conference.
- Designed with Pedagogy in Mind
- Not just a Web conferencing application, Collaborate was designed for teaching and learning.
- 24/7 Support
- Blackboard provides support by telephone and online around the clock.
- Robust Moderator Tools
- Instructors monitor and control the conference environment.
- Get a feel for what's going on "out there" with affective feedback from students.
- Push a question to your students and get immediate feedback.
- Direct Text Messaging
- Instant public and private messaging offers another avenue of communication during conferences.
- Collaborate facilitates accessibility for all participants, including those with physical disabilities.
- Faculty and Student Upload of Presentation Material
- During an Collaborate session, students as well as faculty can illustrate points by sharing materials that become instantly available to the whole class.
- Pilot Integration
- You can now access and manage your Collaborate sessions from within your Pilot course.
For more information and to get started using Collaborate, see Using Collaborate for Faculty