Frequently Asked Questions:
How do I find my advisor?
Log into your WINGS account
- Select "Academics" tab
- Look for "Academic Profile" section in the bottom left-hand corner.
- Select the desired / most recent term from the drop-down menu.
- Your advisor(s) will appear.
Or, Log into your Wings Express account
- Select "Registration & Records"
- Select "View Student Information"
How do I change my major?
Log into your Wings Express account
- Select "Student and Financial Aid" tab.
- Then select "Registration and Records".
- Select "Major/Minor Change Request" located on the right side of page.
- Review the program requirements by selecting "program requirements".
- After reviewing requirements select "Continue to Major/Minor Change Request".
- Review the three (3) options and select the one you desire:
- change major
- add major
- add minor
- If you want to change your major select "Change Major".
- Select the major you are applying for.
- Review requirements if needed.
- Select to change the major.
- Steps are the same for each option-- add major and add minor
What is academic probation?
- Any student whose gpa (grade point average) drops below 2.0 (Grade average of "C") is placed on Academic Probation.
- After two consecutive semesters on probation, a student may be dismissed by the Assistant Dean.
- Students on probation also must receive in-person permission to register from Joyce Howes or Susan Yeoman.
- The CoSM (College of Science and Mathematics) Dean's staff seeks to help students on probation make rapid progress so they can return to good standing (gpa greater than 2.0) as soon as possible.
- If students remain on probation for more than two semesters, the likelihood of dismissal is high.
What do I do if I get sick and miss some classes?
- It's always best to inform your instructors AS SOON AS POSSIBLE about your absence.
- If you miss class because you received medical treatment, be prepared to show your medical excuse to your instructors.
- If you miss an exam, a medical excuse probably will be required. Nearly all faculty can be reached by e-mail and that's a good way to let them know about your situation.
- If you will be absent for a long period because you are seriously ill or injured, ask a friend or family member to contact the CoSM Dean's office (937) 775-3180 or Email: CoSM@wright.edu and let us know about the situation. Someone in the Dean's office will contact all your instructors.
- Admission Information
- Choose Ohio First
- Career Services / Jobs
- Career Services Newsletter
- CUR Membership Instructions (PDF)
- Dean's Circle
- GPA Calculator
- Graduate Studies
- Honor Societies
- How to Appeal a Grade
- International Students
- Scholarships and Financial Aid
- Semester Conversion
- Student Government
- Student Handbook
- Student Organizations
- Students Right to Know
- Student Senator
- Student Web Pages
- Teaching Award Nomination Forms
- Visit Wright State