Statistical Consulting Center
THE STATISTICAL CONSULTING COURSE
All students in the Master of Science degree program in Applied Statistics are required to take STT 7910, the Statistical Consulting Course.
This course combines elements of an independent reading course and a practicum to provide students with valuable experience in the art and science of statistical consulting.
Activities in STT 7910 (all performed under the supervision of an experienced consultant) include:
- reading assignments
- attending SCC staff meetings
- attending consulting sessions with clients
- conducting statistical analyses
- writing reports for clients
- explaining results to clients
- participating in general problem-solving activities
- participating in community service activities
Go back to the Statistical Consulting Center Home Page