GRADUATE STUDENT POLICIES
- Make an appointment through the SCC office with a consultant (937-775-4205)
- Get your advisor's signature on the SCC Graduate Student Permission Slip.
- Send written material (as requested on checklist below) to the SCC office (130 MM) at least 1 week prior to your appointment.
- Keep the appointment (one hour) with the consultant and possibly one of our graduate students. Graduate student advisors are encouraged to attend this meeting.
- The consultant will give advice to the student during the meeting and then will write an initial consulting report. Copies of the report are sent to both the client graduate student and her/his advisor. See sample report.
WHAT WE WILL PROVIDE:
- A written summary/initial report (see sample report) of initial consulting meeting.
- Data entry services and data management services.
- A complete consulting service: initial consulting, data entry, data analysis, a final oral report of the analysis (meeting between client and consultant) and the opportunity for clarification of any questions that come from the final session.
WHAT WE WILL NOT PROVIDE:
- Statistical advice relating to course work. Students seeking statistical help with a course they are taking should go to the course instructor.
- Statistical help for any student whose advisor does not agree in writing that the student may seek our assistance.
CHECKLIST FOR WSU GRADUATE STUDENTS:
- Upon agreement with your thesis chair, make an appointment through the SCC Office with a consultant (937.775.4205) a minimum of 1 week ahead of time.
- Send written material to the SCC office at least 1 week in advance of the appointment date. Written material should include:
- A brief description of the project. College of Nursing and Health graduate students need to provide a copy of Chapter 3.
- A copy of all instruments to be used
- A copy of the demographic questions
- Scoring instructions for all instruments
- A list of your research questions and/or hypotheses along with any other questions you may wish to ask
- The name, WSU address and telephone number of the thesis chair.
- The SCC Graduate Student Permission Slip signed by the thesis chair agreeing to the involvement of the SCC in the project
- Your current home address, email address, and phone number where you may be reached during normal business hours.
Go back to the Statistical Consulting Center Home Page