Points of Pride
We transform the lives of our students and the communities we serve.
In the pioneering spirit of the Wright Brothers, Wright State will be Ohio’s most innovative university, known and admired for our diversity and for the transformative impact we have on the lives of our students and on the communities we serve.
Academic distinctiveness and qualityEnhance our distinctive learning experience to produce talented graduates with the knowledge and skills essential for critical thinking, meaningful civic engagement, international competency, an appreciation for the arts, life-long learning and the ability to lead and adapt in a rapidly changing world.
Educational AttainmentEnhance student access to and successful participation in higher education through quality and innovative instruction and student life programs that increase graduation and career placement for a diverse student body.
Research and InnovationExpand our scholarship in innovative and targeted ways to address regional, national and global needs.
Community TransformationProvide leadership to promote and support social, cultural and economic development within the region through collaborations with local, state, national and global partners.
Valued ResourcesDevelop and sustain the human, financial and physical resources required to accomplish the university’s strategic goals.
National Rankings and Recognition
- Rated “Best in the Midwest,” Princeton Review
- Listed among 260 Best National Universities in the annual “America’s Best Colleges” rankings by U.S. News and World Report
- Named to the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll with Distinction in 2013 for fourth consecutive year
- Named a “Military Friendly School” in 2013 by Military Advanced Education (MAE) and Victory Media for fourth straight year
- National Model United Nations team earned top honors in 2013 for 33rd consecutive year
- Online Master of Education and Master of Nursing degrees ranked among the nation’s top online graduate education programs by U.S. News & World Report in 2013
- Raj Soin College of Business among “Best 296 Business Schools” in 2013 for fourth year in a row by The Princeton Review
- Wright State University Libraries ranked among top 100 in the nation for use of social media
Today, Wright State offers more than 100 undergraduate and nearly 90 graduate and Ph.D. degrees to nearly 18,000 students.
Research supporting the economy
In 2012, annual research and sponsored programs top $100 million annually for the first time. In addition to the state- designated Ohio Center of Excellence in Human Centered Innovation, Wright State has centers of excellence in:
- Micro Air Vehicle Research
- Knowledge-Enabled Computing
- Product Reliability and Optimization
- National Center for Medical Readiness
- Neuroscience of Movement Disorders
- Collaborative Education, Leadership, and Innovation in the Arts