Answer “yes” or “no” to the following:
- Do you have someone (or a group of people) who will be responsible for monitoring and updating the site?
- Do you have enough material to make at least one post per week?
- Are there many people who are interested in following you in social media?
- Do you have the technical ability to produce photos or videos needed for some of these sites?
- Did your dean or supervisor approve your initiating social media?
Did you answer “yes” to all of the above? Then you’re probably ready to get started!
We have created the following downloads for your use, which are specific to Wright State University. Please note that these were accurate at the time of release, though they may not include recent updates to the social media and tracking sites.
- Getting Started with Bit.ly (PDF)
- Getting Started with Facebook (PDF)
- Getting Started with LinkedIn (PDF)
- Getting Stated with Twitter (PDF)
- Getting Started with YouTube (PDF)
Please refer to the help sections of the different sites for additional information. For your convenience, these links are listed below.
Social media help pages
Note that by clicking one of these links, you will be leaving the Wright State University website. The university is not responsible for the content on them.