What is Panopto?
Of the many ways faculty use Panopto, by far the most common is to record a video of a PowerPoint presentation with narration. Panopto uploads the video to the correct course where only students in that course can see it. Faculty may choose to allow students to record, too.
- Record in the office, at home, or in class.
- Record everything you do on screen, not just PowerPoint.
- Record video of the instructor synchronized with the screen capture.
- When using PowerPoint, Panopto captures text to make videos searchable.
- Add notes, links, and documents to the video.
- Share recordings from course to course.
- Students may view recordings on a computer or through a Panopto app for iOS or Android devices.
- The mobile app may also be used to record and upload video.
To get started with Panopto at Wright State, see our Panopto Tutorials page.