If you discover an error in a question after your students have taken a quiz (or, worse yet, your students discover it), you can correct the error in the quiz and then regrade it.
1. Go to the Quizzes & Exams tool under the Assessments tab and click on the title of the quiz you want to work on.
2. When the Edit Quiz page appears, click on the Layout/Questions tab and then on Add/Edit Questions. A list of the questions in the quiz will now appear.
3. Click on the title of the question you want to edit. When the edit question screen appears, make the correction and then click Save at the bottom of the screen to complete the process.
4. Once the question has been corrected, you then need to regrade the question to correctly update the students’ scores. To do so, click on the Quizzes & Exams link in the course and then on the pull-down menu to the right of the quiz title that you want to grade. From the pull-down menu, select “Grade.”
5. When the quiz grade page appears, click on the Questions tab near the top of the page and on the Questions page select the button to Update all attempts.
6. If you have already corrected the question in the quiz, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the title of the question under the “Questions that are not in the quiz anymore” heading. The reason the question is here is because a revised version is now in the exam and anyone who takes it now will be scored correctly. However, you still need to update the scores that were not graded correctly.
7. After you click on the title of the question, a page will come up that allows you to add the correct response and the points you want to allow for that response. So, click on “Give to attempts with the following answer _____ points. Fill in the points that the question is worth and then select the correct answer. Click Save to complete the process.
The quiz scores should now be updated.