UPDATE: The application deadline for this position has passed. We intend to complete the initial selection process by the end of Fall semester and plan to interview finalists in January, 2018. The first 2‐year appointment is expected to begin sometime during Spring semester, 2018 but is negotiable.
The Center for Teaching and Learning seeks to attract an Associate Professor, Professor or Senior Lecturer/Clinical Assistant Professor for the position of Faculty Director. The Faculty Director works closely with CTL Staff Director, Leadership team and Faculty Advisory Board to provide strategic direction for the Center. S/he chairs a Faculty Advisory Board constituting faculty representatives from the eight colleges/school, Lake campus and the former Faculty Director. The Faculty Director provides input into determining workshop curriculum, is an active member on the committee which hosts the annual Teaching Success Symposium, serves on strategic university academic committees, and relays trending teaching/learning techniques learned at conferences. Interested faculty should possess practical expertise in one of the following pedagogical areas: active learning, distance learning, or significant instructional technology usage. Individuals with prior engagement with CTL and/or its activities is preferred.
The Faculty Director position
- represents a 2‐year term with the option of a second 2‐year term if mutually agreed upon by the Faculty Director and Associate Provost.
- will allow the faculty member to maintain his/her department affiliation. An office in CTL will be provided.
- requires a Summer semester involvement of no less than 8 hours per month, attendance at monthly meetings, participation at CTL events and offering an annual CTL workshop.
- is expected to provide an approximately 20%‐time commitment to CTL.
- will include course release(s), an annual stipend and professional development funds.