WIRELESS PRINTING GUIDELINES
Advancements in wireless technology have introduced many printer models that support wireless printing. This technology can be very convenient to use, especially
in areas where wired connections are not available. In order to maintain a required level availability of services and confidentiality of sensitive data, the following guidelines
apply to wireless printing on campus.
- The wireless device must not interfere with any WSU wireless network, interfere with other private networks already approved, or interfere with other wireless printers previously approved.
- The use of this printer shall not violate any University Policies, including policies from the Department of Printing Services and CaTS.
- Wireless printing is not intended for the printing of sensitive data such Social Security Numbers, Credit Cards, or other confidential information.
- A printer can be configured as a wireless device or wired but not both.
- Security patches and firmware updates should be applied in a timely manner.
Faculty may seek exception to the above policy by filling out a non-standard equipment request form at http://www.wright.edu/cats/forms/exceptions.html.