WIRELESS PRINTING GUIDELINES
Advancements in wireless technology have introduced many printer models that support wireless printing. This technology can be very convenient to use, especially in areas where wired connections are
not available. In order to maintain an acceptable level of security, there are several conditions that will need to be met before these devices can be approved.
- The wireless device must not interfere with any WSU wireless network, interfere with other private networks already approved, or interfere with other wireless printers previously approved.
- The printer must utilize WPA2 encryption or better to ensure that information sent to the printer remains confidential.
- The use of this printer does not violate any University Policies, including policies from the Department Printing Services and CaTS.
- A printer can be configured as a wireless device or wired but not both.
- The wireless printer may not be connected to any WSU wireless networks.
- Security patches and firmware updates should be applied in a timely manner.
Faculty may seek exception to the above policy by filling out a non-standard equipment request form at http://www.wright.edu/cats/forms/exceptions.html.