CTS LATE FEE POLICY
CaTS Classroom Technology Support (CTS) will charge late fees on equipment checked out to a client that is returned past the return date indicated on the checkout agreement provided. CTS
will not continue the CTL policy of charging $50 per day per item late fees.
Contact Information: CTS Office, 017 Dunbar Library, 775-3162
Full Policy (Effective Date: June 1, 2013)
- Equipment is due back by the date and time indicated on the WebCheckout Agreement form.
- An extension on the equipment checkout may be made by contacting CTS in advance if the extension does not interfere with pending reservations.
- Equipment that is not returned by 5:00pm on the date indicated on the WebCheckout Agreement form will be considered late.
- The following business day, CTS will attempt to contact the client by email and/or by phone. An email notification will also be sent to the clientís department requesting the return of CTS owned equipment.
- If the equipment is not yet returned by the 5:00pm on that day, it will be subject to a late fee.
- Beginning the second business day after the scheduled return date and time, a $10 per day late fee will be assessed per checkout item for this day and every business day following until the equipment is returned or the replacement cost of each piece of equipment is reached.
- An email will be sent to the client every day until the equipment is returned or a final fee amount is billed.
- Once the fines are established, CTS will send a notice to the departmentís budget manager indicating the clientís name, checkout number, items checked out, original due date, and the total amount being billed.
- If equipment is returned incomplete or damaged, CTS will bill the clientís department for the cost of the repair or replacement.
- If a student incurs any late fees or repair/replacement fees, those fees will be charged to the studentís bill through the Office of the Bursar.
- By signing the WebCheckout Agreement form, you agree to these terms as stated.