DAMAGED, DESTROYED, OR STOLEN EQUIPMENT POLICY
CaTS Classroom Technology Support (CTS) provides equipment to the Wright State University (WSU) community. These items are provided with the understanding that
those persons utilizing university property will make every effort to prevent damage or loss to that property. The purpose of this policy is to define the
client's responsibility in the event of damage or loss to CTS owned property being used by the client.
Contact Information: CTS Office, 017 Dunbar Library, 775-3162
Full Policy (Effective Date: June 1, 2013)
- Client definition: Any WSU faculty, staff, or student (with faculty/staff co-signature) that checks out equipment from CTS or requests an equipment delivery to a location that is privately owned and/or not a space routinely scheduled by the Office of the Registrar.
- User definition: Any person that uses, or comes in contact with CTS owned equipment, whether they are the client or not. This includes, but is not limited to: faculty, staff, students, guest lecturers, Pre-College/WSU Camp participants, visitors, or private citizens.
- A reasonable standard of care for any CTS owned equipment is expected of all users. Intentional damage or loss will be reported to Campus Police for further action.
- If CTS staff delivers equipment to a private space for class/academic purposes, it is the client's responsibility to provide access to that space for equipment set-up as well as equipment retrieval.
- Equipment will only be delivered by CTS staff to a teaching space that is associated with a course number assigned by the Registrar. Any equipment orders needed for other reasons must be scheduled through Student Union/ Event Services at x5512.
- Equipment delivered by CTS staff to classrooms or lecture halls to be used in a Registrar recognized class (client must provide course number at time of reservation) will not be considered the responsibility of the client in the event of unintentional damage or loss; however, a reasonable amount of care for the equipment is expected of the user.
- Equipment delivered by CTS staff to teaching spaces that are not normally scheduled by the Office of the Registrar becomes the responsibility of the client from the time of delivery through the time of equipment retrieval by CTS staff.
- Equipment checked out from the CTS office becomes the responsibility of the client until it is returned.
- Equipment permanently installed in campus classrooms and lecture halls will not be considered the responsibility of the user in the event of unintentional damage or loss; however, a reasonable amount of care for the equipment is expected of the user.
- Financial responsibility for any equipment (or any part/piece of equipment) that is lost, stolen, damaged, or destroyed while in the client's care will rest with the client. The amount of financial responsibility will be assessed on a "repair cost" or a "replacement cost" basis depending on the amount of damage or in the event of a total loss.
- CTS will coordinate with the client regarding financial responsibility details. CTS will recoup costs in a reasonable manner either by billing the client's department, or in the event that the client is a student, by billing their student account at the Office of the Bursar.