- Student Employment Virtual Job Fair occurs during the summer.
- Connects on-campus supervisors with students available and eligible to start work during the upcoming Fall semester.
- Convenient, internet-based service.
- Employers post jobs inside the Career Center Login.
- Students review the job postings.
- Students connect with supervisors by following the application instructions in the job posting.
- The selection process may include interviews by phone or in person.
- The SE Virtual Job Fair is a time-limited event.
Other jobs are posted year-round in the Career Center database, including Off Campus Student Employment positions.
Questions? Contact the Career Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or (937) 775-2556.
Am I eligible?
Beginning with the first year at Wright State and continuing through graduate school, and meeting minimum enrollment requirements as specified in Student Employment Policies, Procedures, & Answers, all students are eligible for on-campus employment paid through departmental funds, which the Career Center calls Regular Student Employment.
Positions funded in part by Federal Work-Study Awards are available for students who meet minimum enrollment requirements, and who have been awarded and accepted Federal Work-Study as part of their financial aid package. These jobs are called Work-Study Student Employment.
How do I search, apply, & get hired?
- Log in as user name: guest and password: raider1 at the Student Employment Job Postings portal.
- Inside the login, select the Jobs pull-down menu.
- On the Job Search page, in the search selection box for Position Type, select one or both types of On-Campus job postings:
SE - OnCampus Regular,
SE - OnCampus WorkStudy.
Use the Control command to select multiple types at the same time.
- Once you have selected the desired Position Type(s), select Search to generate your list.
- To review a detailed description and application instructions for a specific job, select the link represented by the Job ID and Job Title.
- Follow the Application Instructions found within the job posting. Employers judge your ability to follow directions by how well you follow the application instructions.
- When you are hired but before you begin working, you must first complete Student Employment paperwork processing. Learn more: Policies, Procedures, & Answers.
- Want to participate? Review the Student Employment Hiring Process, in Policies, Procedures, & Answers.
- When entering your job posting in the Career Center database, set the job post date for the first day of Virtual Job Fair, as specified by Student Employment.
- Student Employment Virtual Job Fair job postings will become visible to students beginning the first day of the Virtual Job Fair.
- Students review employment opportunities during the week of Virtual Job Fair. They are coached to follow your application instructions, as described in the job posting.
- You review applications and select candidates for Fall Semester employment.
- When you have selected candidates for hire, work with each student to ensure the appropriate Student Employment forms are completed and signed. Find the forms in Policies, Procedures, & Answers.
- Before a student begins working, send the students to Student Employment with their completed forms, for processing the paperwork. Students are not eligible to work until their paperwork has been processed.
- You have the opportunity to conduct training prior to the start of Fall Semester.