- Occurs in the summer
- Connects on-campus supervisors with students available and eligible to start work during the upcoming Fall semester.
- Convenient, internet-based service.
- Employers post jobs in the Career Center database.
- Students review the job postings.
- Students connect with supervisors by following the application instructions in the job posting.
- The selection process may include interviews by phone or in person.
If you have questions please contact the Career Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or (937) 775-2556.
Am I eligible?
Beginning with the first year at Wright State and continuing through graduate school, all students are eligible for on-campus employment paid through departmental funds, which TheCareer Center calls Regular Student Employment.
Positions funded in part by federal Work-Study Awards are available for students who have been awarded and who have accepted Federal Work-Study as part of their financial aid package. These jobs are called Work-Study Student Employment.
How do I search, apply, & get hired?
Student Employment Policies, Procedures & Answers
Find & review job postings
The SE Virtual Job Fair is a time-limited event.
Other jobs are posted year-round in the Career Center database, including Off Campus positions.
- Follow the Job Seekers link to the Career Center database.
- Select student employment job postings.
- Log in as a Guest User: user name is: guest; password is: raider1
- In the Career Center database , select the Jobs pull-down menu in the toolbar.
- In the search selection box for Position Type, you may select one or both types of On-Campus job postings:
SE - OnCampus Regular (all students are eligible)
SE - OnCampus WorkStudy (only students with federal Work Study financial aid award are eligible).
- To simultaneously search both types of job postings, use the Control key while selecting all of the options you want to search.
- Once you have selected the desired position types, select the Search option to generate your list.
- To review a detailed description and application instructions for a specific job, select the link represented by the Job ID and Job Title.
- Follow the Application Instructions found within the job posting. Employers judge your ability to follow directions by how well you follow the application instructions.
- Want to participate? Review the Student Employment Hiring Process.
- When entering your job posting in the Career Center database, set the job post date for the first day of Virtual Job Fair, as specified by Student Employment.
- Student Employment Virtual Job Fair job postings will become visible to students beginning the first day of the Virtual Job Fair.
- Students review employment opportunities during the week of Virtual Job Fair. They are coached to follow your application instructions, as described in the job posting.
- You review applications and select candidates for Fall Semester employment.
- When you have selected candidates for hire, work with each student to ensure the appropriate Student Employment forms are completed and signed.
- Before a student begins working, send the students to Student Employment with their completed forms, for processing the paperwork. Students are not eligible to work until their paperwork has been processed.
- You have the opportunity to conduct training prior to the start of Fall Semester.