April 9 - 15, 2017.
Each year, the National Student Employment Association (NSEA) declares a full week in April to be National Student Employment Week.
Nearly 2,000 Wright State students are employed through the Student Employment Program.
During National Student Employment Week, the Career Center facilitates celebration of Wright State's annual Student Employee of the Year. Campus supervisors are encouraged to celebrate the contributions of all their student workers and express appreciation for their good work.
Supervisors: How to Participate
Ways to recognize students:
- Daily, individual recognitions.
- One, large event.
- A combination of individual and group recognitions.
Here are a few ideas to recognize students:
- Nominate your student for Student Employee of the Year.
- Take your student workers to lunch, provide pizza, or host a carry-in luncheon honoring your students.
- Post a sign in your department, "We Appreciate Our Student Workers."
- Have your staff wear special badges that say "Student Workers are Great" or "We Appreciate our Student Staff."
- Change your department phone message to recognize student employees.
- Honor your student workers with a round of applause at your department staff meeting.
- Design and present your student employees certificates of appreciation.
- Create gift bags for each student, and invite your staff to deposit small items in the gift bags.
- Present your student employees with flowers.
- Purchase gift certificates for meaningful purchases: bookstore, coffee shop, restaurant, gas station.
Send photos and a description of your event to email@example.com