View University Policy 9320.5 Departmental Purchase Orders (Hard Copy) for detailed information.
The following exceptions to the $1,000 limit are currently in effect as noted on the instructional page of each DPO Form as follows:
- "Ongoing" repairs as well as emergency repairs during non-business hours
- Memberships, dues, seminar registrations, and honoraria (i.e. association dues, speaker fees, or game officials)
- Newspaper and periodical advertising
- Books, directories, and page reprints (non-classroom use)
- Banquets, ceremonial functions, and events including rentals of facilities (except those used on a continual basis)
- Service departments that make ongoing repairs may be authorized to exceed the limit. Emergency repairs during non-business hours also may exceed the limit.
- Food service/catering requirements with the university contractor may be ordered with a DPO even when in excess on $1,000.