If you are receiving, packaging, shipping, or are in some way associated with the transportation of hazardous material, either to the university or from the university, you are required to receive training on applicable Department of Transportation or International Air Transport Association rules.
Contact Greg Merkle at (937) 775-2217 for more information.
Useful Downloads and Links
- Government Printing Office Code of Federal Regulations
- Regulatory Agencies Involved in the Transport of Hazardous Materials (PDF)
- Contacts for Additional Information on Hazmat Shipments (PDF)
- Manufacturers of Hazardous Material Shipping Containers (PDF)
- Shipper's Declaration of Dangerous Goods & Instructions (PDF)
- Examples of Package Labels (PDF)
- Declaration Page (PDF)
- Fed-Ex Packaging Guide (PDF)
- Fed-Ex Dangerous Shipping Preparation Guide (PDF)
- Infectious Transport Guide (PDF)
- Notification of Hazardous Material Transportation Incident (49CFR 171.15 & 49CFR 171.16).
The Department of Transportation (DOT) requires notification of certain incidents within 12 hours of occurance. Documentation for filing can be found at U.S. Department of Transportation, Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA).