Certificates of Insurance
Forms and Support
Frequently Asked Questions
Which form should I use?
NON-CATALOG FORM: To place an order to any vendor that does not have a Punch-out catalog (or if the items you want to order are not listed in the Punch-out catalog or if you received special pricing from a punch-out supplier).
Standing Order Form: Used for the creation of standing orders (orders that require several payments over a period of time).
Change Order Request Form: Used when a change (increase or decrease) is needed to an existing purchase order.
eDPO Form: for revenue and general ledger accounts (non-expense processing) only.
How do I enter a requisition for a Standing order?
The "Standing Order” form is used to process orders that require several payments over a period of time.
- Enter the description of the project/service for the line item description and be sure to include the duration of the project/service. (Example: July 1, 2018, through June 30, 2019).
- Enter 1 each for the quantity and the total dollar amount of the project/service for the unit price.
- Include the following information in "External Notes" on your standing order requisition:
- The starting date through ending date.
- If for renewal, give the standing PO number that this order replaces.
- Note: This standing purchase order number must appear on all invoices and correspondence pertaining to this order.
- If automatic payments are to be made throughout the fiscal year, enter a note on the requisition, then inform AP of the purchase order number and that auto payments are to be made.
How do I enter a requisition for a change order to an existing Purchase Order?
The "Change Order Request" form is used to enter a requisition for a change to an existing purchase order.
- For increasing the dollar amount on a purchase order, the "Estimated Price" would be the dollar value of the change to the order. Include the purchase order number to be changed in the “External Notes” section and the revised purchase order total.
- For decreasing the dollar amount on a purchase order, enter $0 as the "Estimated Price". Include in “External Notes” the purchase order number to be changed, and the revised purchase order total including the decrease.
How do I enter a requisition for an eDPO?
The eDPO form is to be used for Revenue/GL Accounts only (non-expense processing). After you proceed to checkout and review your requisition you must:
- Select the correct AP Clerk from the drop down in the General Info box.
- Add electronic attachments (invoice, receipt, etc.) in “External Notes” making sure all information on the attachments are readable.
Which Commodity Code should I use?
Choose the commodity code that best describes the items on your requisition.
Who is the next approver for my requisition?
- View your requisition in WrightBuy.
- Select the "PR Approvals" tab (at the top of the requisition).
- Select "view approvers" at any future approval step to see who the approvers are for your requisition.
How do I withdraw a requisition?
You can withdraw a requisition at any time before it is complete and has received a PO number.
- From the “Available Actions” menu at the top right of the requisition select “Withdraw Entire Requisition.”
- In the pop-up window that appears, enter the reason for withdrawing the requisition.
- Select “Withdraw Entire Requisition.”
Can I change my requisition after I complete it?
Once you complete and submit a requisition, you cannot make any changes to it. If changes need to be made on a completed requisition, choose one of the following options:
- Ask the next approver to make the changes for you or ask them to return the requisition to you so you can make the changes and resubmit the order.
- Withdraw the requisition, copy it to a new cart, make the appropriate changes and place the order again.
What should I do if I receive a lower price quote from a supplier than the price that I see in the punch-out catalog?
Use the Non-Catalog form to enter your requisition and attach your quote electronically as an “External” attachment.
How do I enter more than one line item when completing a form?
- From “Available Actions” (at the top of the form) select “Add to Cart and Return" then select “Go.”
- Add the next line item.
- When all line items have been added select “Add and Go to Cart” from “Available Actions” then select “Go.”
Why was my requisition rejected?
Select the history tab on the rejected requisition to see why the requisition was rejected.
Selecting a Supplier for an Order
How do I select a supplier for my order?
- Select the form you are going to use.
- In the box next to "Enter Supplier" begin entering the vendor's name. From the list of results you receive, select the supplier you want to use. The supplier's name and address will now be on the form.
What if I have a new supplier or there is a correction/update to an existing Supplier?
- Process your requisition using “New Supplier” as the supplier.
- WSU W9, OPERS form, etc. need to be completed and attached as “Internal Attachment.”
- Any document containing sensitive information such as SSN should be an “Internal Attachment.” If the supplier requires a copy of the document to be sent when the purchase order is issued, then redact the sensitive information before attaching in “External Notes.”
How do I select a different address for a supplier?
If another fulfillment center address is available for a supplier, the option to "select different fulfillment center" will be available just below the supplier's name and address on a form. Choose "select different fulfillment center" and a list of available options will appear. Choose "select" beside the address you need.
Approval & Approver Questions
I am an approver and I am going to be out of the office. What should I do?
- You should assign a substitute who can take care of approvals for you.
- From the "Manage Substitutions" tab, you can choose to "Assign a substitute to all folders" or "Assign a substitute" to individual folders. You have the option to “Include a Date Range for the Substitution” so you can enter a “Start Date” and an “End Date” for the substitution.
How do I return a requisition to the original requestor?
- Access the requisition and assign it to yourself (for review).
- From the “Available Actions” drop-down box in the upper right-hand corner, select “Return to Requisitioner” then click the “Go” button.
- In the overlay window that is displayed, enter the reason for the return. This note will be available via the “Comments” and “History” tab and will be sent in an email to the requisitioner.
- The requisitioner can then access the requisition, update and resubmit it.
Order Status & Order Cancellation
How do I cancel a purchase order?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining the reason for canceling the purchase order. Purchasing will cancel the purchase order in WrightBuy and in Banner. Purchasing will also send a copy of the canceled purchase order to the vendor, if necessary.
How do I track the progress of my requisition?
- View your requisition in WrightBuy.
- Select the "PR Approvals" tab.
- Select "view approvers" at any future approval step to see who the approvers are for each approval step of your requisition.
How do I close/disencumber a purchase order after all invoices have been paid?
Send an email to email@example.com. Provide the purchase order number, the vendor name and the amount that should be closed/disencumbered.
What is desktop receiving?
- Receipts are created to indicate what goods or services have been received. Accounts Payable uses this information to determine what to pay a supplier.
- You can process receiving in WrightBuy for anything that does not go through Shipping/Receiving (for example, services or items received at your desktop). You do not have to process desktop receiving for e-DPO’s or items ordered through a punch-out catalog on your procard.
How do I process desktop receiving?
- Locate the PO.
- From “Available Actions” select “Create Quantity Receipt” and click “Go.”
- When the receipt displays, information from the purchase order is populated in the receipt. Additional information can be entered, or you can validate that the quantity requested is actually the quantity that was received. Select “Complete” and the receipt has been created. The receipt number will display on the screen after you select “Complete.”
How can I view a receipt in WrightBuy?
- If you know your receipt number, you can use the “document search” tab. From “Search” select “Receipt.” Enter your receipt number in the “Receipt Number(s)” field. Select “Go.” Your search results will show the “Receipt No” and the “PO No.” You can select either number to see the receipt or the PO.
- If you know your PO number, locate your PO. From the tabs at the top of the PO select “Receipts” to view receipts entered for the PO. Select the receipt number to view the receipt.
Profile & Personal Information
My personal information has changed. Where do I update it in WrightBuy?
- Click on "Profile" at the top of the screen.
- Modify your email preferences under the User Profile and Preferences.
- Modify your default FOAPAL under the Default User Settings/Custom Field and Accounting Code Defaults/Codes.
- Modify your “Ship To” address under the Default User Settings/Default Addresses.
How do I set up shipping information in My Profile?
- Click on "Profile" at the top of the screen.
- Select Default User Settings/Default Addresses.
- Click on “Select Addresses for Profile.”
- Click on “Search.”
- From the Address list that appears, select an address. To make an address your default address, check the default box.