Goals and Vision
Core Values and Strategic Plan
Along the way in our budgetary planning, we will remain true to the university's core values, which are
- Commitment to people. A continued commitment to students remains our No. 1 priority, along with a commitment to faculty, staff, and all the people of our diverse campus community.
- Allow learning and its expression for all. Share our wealth of knowledge, which enables discovery and fosters a learning-centered environment.
- Continue to develop partnerships. Change the lives of our community and those we serve through partnerships; truly transform lives through collaborations and a spirit of cross-cultural cooperation.
- Strengthen relationships. Understand that individual successes strengthen the overall community.
- Sustainability for the long term. Continue development and entrepreneurial advancement. Realize that we must sustain our efforts through short and long-term commitment and by continuing to invest in an infrastructure that supports research and creative endeavors.
Wright State University's strategic plan helps guide our decision making. It includes five goals:
- Provide academic distinctiveness and quality
- Enhance educational attainment
- Expand our scholarship in research and innovation
- Provide leadership for social, cultural, and economic development throughout the region
- Provide and develop human, financial, and physical sustainability in order to accomplish the university's strategic goals
I often talk about how people's lives are transformed through their associations with Wright State, whether as a student, faculty member, administrator, or general employee. We feel strongly that the Wright State model changes lives.
Our plan is to go forward to a promising future where lives will continue to be changed for the better.
David R. Hopkins