Transfer Admissions

Application Dates and Process

On this page:

Application Dates

Transfer student deadlines:

  • Spring Semester 2020: Monday, January 6, 2020 (Applications Closed)
  • Summer Semester 2020 A and C Terms: Monday, May 4, 2020
  • Summer Semester 2020 B Term: Monday, June 15, 2020
  • Fall Semester 2020: Monday, August 17, 2020
  • Spring Semester 2021: Monday, January 5, 2021

Competitive scholarship application deadlines and information

Application Process

To complete the Wright State application process you must:


Application and Fee

Complete and submit the admission application with your $30 nonrefundable fee. If you are a member of the Wright Path Community College Partner, you are eligible for a waiver of your application fee. Contact the Transfer Office to receive your Waiver Fee Code.



    How to submit the required documentation


    • Transcripts from each regionally accredited college or university previously attended
    • High school transcripts if you are one of the following:
      • A high school graduate from 1986 or before transferring with fewer than nine semester hours
      • A high school graduate from 1987 or after transferring with fewer than 30 semester hours

    Submit your transcript as early as possible. Your options are:

    • Submit an official transcript even if your current semester courses are not listed. This allows us to begin posting credits to your Wright State record.
    • You may be eligible to send unofficial transcripts for a one-term provisional admissions decision if your GPA is currently above a 2.00, you have not been academically suspended or dismissed from an institution, or are not petitioning for admission. Transfer credits do not post from unofficial transcripts. Official transcripts are required prior to being able to register for a second term.

    How to submit the required documentation

    • Online: Many academic institutions will send official transcripts electronically through a secure server. We will accept these transcripts from the academic institution. If an email address is required, they can be sent to
    • By mail:
      • Wright State University
        Office of Undergraduate Admissions
        3640 Colonel Glenn Hwy.
        Dayton, OH 45435-0001

    Revisit your application portal often to check on the status of your application, your required documents, and your next steps.

    Students who have a cumulative college GPA below 2.0, have been dismissed from an academic institution, and/or have been convicted of a felony should refer to the admission petition section for additional documentation and information regarding petitioning for admission.

    Veteran and Military Students

    Wright State values students currently in the armed forces and veterans. We are fortunate to work with students in the Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard, Navy, Marines, and Reserves.

    For military students, Wright State offers the Veteran and Military Student Center, Army and Air Force ROTC programs, military housing, a student veteran’s organization, a military-to-civilian transition course, and much more.

    To complete the Wright State application process:

    For questions regarding Tuition Assistance and/or the Ohio National Guard Scholarship, please contact Raider Connect at (937) 775-4000.

    For other general questions please contact the Veteran and Military Center:

    131 Allyn Hall
    (937) 775-5550
    Hours: Monday-Thursday 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Friday 8 a.m.-4 p.m.

    Lake Campus Students

    Students receiving an associate degree from Wright State

    Lake Campus students who receive an associate degree from Wright State and want to continue taking classes or earn a bachelor’s degree from Wright State will need to reapply at You will only need to attach transcripts from other institutions attended, not Wright State.

    Students wanting to take courses at both Dayton and Lake campuses

    You will register for these courses through WingsExpress as you would for any Wright State course. Admitted/currently enrolled students may take courses at either campus (or both). There may be a campus-based cost difference for some courses. Contact RaiderConnect for information and options on potential scholarships that can offset the cost.

    Students wanting to take all courses at the Dayton Campus

    • Meet with your Lake Campus academic advisor and let them know you want to begin taking all courses at the Dayton Campus.
      • They will connect you with their advising counterpart at the Dayton Campus and assist you in changing your campus designation and/or major in WingsExpress.
      • Meet with your Dayton Campus academic advisor
    • Contact RaiderConnect to discuss financing your education, scholarships, and your bill. Recipients of campus-specific scholarships or grants may find those items impacted by campus location.
    • You will need to apply for housing to live on the Dayton Campus.
    • You will need to purchase a Dayton Campus parking permit from Parking and Transportation. Select Visit my Parking Account.
    • You are welcome to attend an orientation program to become acclimated to the Dayton Campus. To attend a Dayton Campus orientation, email and use "Dayton Campus Orientation for Lake Campus Student" in the subject line.
    • Check out all the Dayton Campus has to offer, including
    • Your Wright1 card will work at the Dayton Campus.
    • Questions? Contact the Transfer, Transition, and Orientation Center at or (937) 775-4830.

    International Students

    If you are NOT a United States citizen, Permanent Resident (I-551), or Nonimmigrant Ohio Resident (I-797/I-94) visit International Admissions.