Student Satisfaction Inventory
The Student Satisfaction Inventory (SSI) measures student satisfaction and priorities, showing how satisfied students are as well as what issues are important to them at Wright State University. The SSI measures importance and satisfaction in eleven areas: academic advising; campus climate; campus support services; concern for the individual; instruction; admissions and financial aid; registration; responsiveness to diverse populations; safety and security; service excellence; and student centeredness.
- View comparisons of the 2012 and 2014 Wright State SSI data (XLS) →
- NSSE/SSI (Fall 2012): What students expect from faculty and what faculty can expect from students →
- View comparisons of the 2010 and 2012 Wright State SSI data (XLS) →
- View comparisons of the 2007 and 2010 Wright State SSI data (XLS) →
- View comparisons of the 2002, 2005, and 2007 Wright State SSI data (XLS) →