Follow the links below to view past issues of The
Right Flier, newsletter
of the AAUP-WSU
whose inaugural issues were edited by Drs. Henry
Ruminski and Carol Loranger. Past issues are presented
in PDF (portable document format) form, which requires
Adobe Reader or better, or the equivalent. Pages
will open in a new window.
- This five-page issue is devoted to statements from candidates running for chapter offices.
- This four-page issue features a single article "What’s New in the CBA's: Part 2: Health Care."
- This four-page issue features a single article "What’s New in the CBA's? Part 1: Annual Evaluations of Teaching and Service."
- This three-page issue features a single article reporting on the administration's opening positions on compensation and benefits, which together will yield a significant pay cut for all faculty.
- This four-page issue features the article "The Coming Battle over Health Benefits" detailing what the administration has imposed on other employees effective January 1, 2014 regarding health insurance benefits, why it cannot do this to us, and what we can expect in the upcoming CBA negotiations.
- This six-page issue features one substantial article "A Look Behind, a Look Ahead" reviewing the history of how NTE faculty won collective bargaining rights, outlining key features of the CBA for NTE faculty and companion workload agreement, and previewing what we can expect when negotiations begin in January, 2014 for successors for our two currents CBAs.
- This two-page issue is devoted to a single article, one about contracts between the administration and individual faculty pertaining to the development of online courses.
- all twelve pages of this newsletter, featuring articles about Senate Bill 5 / Issue 2, other matters concerning collective bargaining, the 2011 AAUP Summer Institute, Stipends for BUFMs who Manage Programs, and more
- all six pages of this newsletter, featuring articles looking ahead to negotiations for a new CBA and the successful faculty unionization campaign at Bowling Green State University
- both pages of this special edition, featuring a single article “What Did the Administration Know and When Did They Know It?” reporting on recent developments in negotiations
- all eight pages of newsletter, featuring articles “Are You Ready?” by chapter President Anna Bellisari, and also “A Primer on Health Savings Accounts” and “Where Things Stand in Negotiations” by Chief Negotiator Rudy Fichtenbaum
- all six pages of newsletter, featuring reports about negotiations toward a new Collective Bargaining Agreement (including a truce on workload) and about the fall, 2007 meeting of AAUP’s Collective Bargaining Congress
- all six pages of newsletter, featuring a lead article about upcoming negotiations toward a successor of our current Collective Bargaining Agreement, a description of AAUP’s position on outside speakers and academic freedom, and a report from Audrey McGowin, our chapter Secretary, on AAUP’s 93rd National Meeting held last June in Washington, D.C.
- all four pages of newsletter, featuring news about negotiations for our next Collective Bargaining Agreement, expected to begin next January, and the upcoming selection of Bargaining Council and Negotiating Team members
- all six pages of newsletter, featuring articles about the Power of Collective Action (how we finally won domestic partner benefits), the revival of Committee W (Women in the Academic Profession), and merit pay
- all eight pages of newsletter, with good news about raises we'll get over the summer of 2006 plus articles about health insurance, calendar creep, and other matters of interest
eight pages of newsletter with major articles
on "Why We Do Not Have Domestic Partner Benefits
at WSU", "What is new in the CBA",
and "Calculating Merit Raises"
- all six pages of
newsletter, featuring one article covering one topic, namely
a pair of issues that are
anticipated to arise during upcoming negotiations: the
number of tenured and tenure track faculty, and increased teaching loads.
(This is the edition circulated to Regular Chapter Members -- Bargaining
Unit Faculty who have joined AAUP-WSU;
a version with a different executive summary but exactly the same article
was circulated to all other Bargaining
Unit Faculty Members.)
- all six pages of newsletter,
featuring articles about collective bargaining law in Ohio, grievance procedures,
and upcoming CBA (contract) negotiations -- and color photographs from the
second annual fall social
- all six pages of newsletter,
featuring article about obtaining a better collective bargaining agreement
and annual evaluations
- all four pages of
newsletter, featuring articles about upcoming collective bargaining agreement
(CBA) negotiations and other matters of importance to Bargaining Unit Faculty
- both pages of
newsletter, featuring articles about grievance and contract administration
and the 2003 Summer Institute
- both pages of
newsletter, largely devoted to retirement and changes in health care costs
Return to the AAUP-WSU
This page was last modified on Friday, March 13, 2015. Corrections, comments, and suggestions
are most welcome. Contact the webmaster for this page (Jim Vance) at email@example.com,
telephone 937-775-2206. To contact the chapter, please see our Staff, Officers, and Committees page.