Student Life and Activities
LEAP is much more than just traditional classroom studies!
LEAP offers students lots of opportunities to get involved both within the LEAP Program and on campus. LEAP students are encouraged to Get Involved! Taking part in extra-curricular activities is a great chance to practice and improve your English, make new friends and have fun while studying. Students can get involved through the following activities:
- Weekly LEAP Cultural Hours (usually held on Fridays at 12:15 p.m.)
- Field Trips to Cincinnati/Columbus Zoo, Carillon Historical Park, Ohio Caverns, Cincinnati Museum Center, John Bryan State Park, Young's Jersey Dairy and other local places of interest
- Native-speaking Conversation Partners
- Collaborations with university classes
- Writing, Grammar and Pronunciation Clinics offered by the TESOL Program
- Movie and Game Afternoons
- Soccer games, ice-skating and other sports
- Dinners at local restaurants and teachers' homes
- Ladies Picnic in the spring
- "Break-the-fast" at a local Turkish restaurant during Ramadan
- Haunted House trip for Halloween
- UCIE Weekly "Coffee Hour" (usually held on Fridays at 3:00 p.m.)
- University clubs and organizations
- ...and much more!
Wright State University is located right outside Dayton, a city of 140,000, in southwestern Ohio. Cincinnati and Columbus are located within one hour's drive of WSU's campus.
For more information on Student Life and Activities at WSU, please see: www.wright.edu/undergraduate-admissions/campus-life