Welcome to Learning English for Academic and Professional Purposes (LEAP), the intensive English program at Wright State University! LEAP is located on Wright State University’s main campus in Dayton, Ohio, home to the famous Wright Brothers and the world’s first practical airplane, the 1905 Wright Flyer III.
LEAP provides full-time intensive English instruction and offers non-native speakers the linguistic, academic and social skills they need to be successful in an American university. Students come to LEAP for a variety of reasons. Some are here for a short time to improve their English language skills; others seek degrees from Wright State University.
- integrated curriculum which reinforces input and results in greater retention.
- TOEFL substitution for admission to Wright State University for many undergraduate and graduate students who successfully complete the LEAP program. Select this link to find out the admission criteria for available programs: http://www.wright.edu/ucie/student/.
- experienced faculty, all with advanced degrees in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) or a related field.
- writing classes in computer labs using the latest computer technology.
- collaboration with Wright State University’s TESOL Program.
- field trips to local sites of interest and other extracurricular activities.
- access to all Wright State University’s academic and recreational facilities.