April 16-17 CANCELLED
INFORMATION ON OBTAINING YOUR LICENSE
This program is for persons who are preparing to obtain a general x-ray machine operator's license in Ohio.
* Radiation: sources of radiation, radiation units
* X-ray unit: x-ray tube, x-ray emission, x-ray interaction with matter
* Radiographic imaging: film, film processing, screens, digital radiography, grids, radiographic techniques
* Quality control: film processor, artifacts
* Radiation protection: biologic effects, risk estimates, patient protection, operator protection
* Practice exam and discussion
The fee for the basic certification course is $275.
Included in the fee is the course text Radiologic Science for Technologists (10th ed.) by Stewart Bushong, course workbook, complimentary buffet lunch at the Engineer's Club for both days as well as morning and afternoon coffee breaks.