Students in Erin Flanagan and Sarah Twill's class on
Mental Illness and Literature conduct a book drive for Care House.
The Office of Service-Learning
The Office of Service-Learning supports faculty in developing service-learning projects and courses through facilitating an annual faculty learning community, offering workshops through the Center for Teaching and Learning, and providing resources and individual consultations.
Assistance is available to help you:
- match service projects and course objectives
- identify and establish community partnerships with local nonprofits, schools and/or municipalities
- conduct student orientations
- design reflection activities to help students process their learning from the service experience
- assess the quality of the service work.
What is Service-Learning?
What are the criteria for a Service-Learning course?
How to apply for the Service-Learning designation?