UNIVERSITY TECHNOLOGY COMMITTTEE MINUTES
I. Distributed Learning Update - CTL
Terri also reported Wright State's current statistics on the use of TopClass by students and faculty.
II. Ohio Learning Network - Vicki Montavon
1. The Ohio Video Intranet Conference on November 3-4 at The Fawcett Center, Columbus, Ohio will discuss "Navigating Ohio's Technology Roadmap". More information can be found on OLN's web site http://oln.org/news/ProgramOVI.htm.
2. A state-wide database catalog listing courses and schedules of when the classes are being offered by Ohio's colleges and universities. This will be available to the public in December, 1999. There are approximately 160 courses on the database, mostly from colleges and two-year technical schools. The deans of the colleges will be asked what courses, if any, they would like listed on the Ohio Learning Network. For more information, contact Terri Klaus at Center for Teaching and Learning or visit the web site at: www.oln.org
III. CaTS Updates - Paul Hernandez
2. Y2K Update - Met deadline of September 30, 1999. Just "clean up" work left.
3. Video Streamer demonstration will be presented on Tuesday, October 19 from 9 - 11:00 a.m. in the Library Annex.
4. Microsoft License Agreement - Paul distributed MLA information to the members. Those not in attendance can visit CaTS web site at http://www.cats.wright.edu/microsoft. Any questions may be directed to Verne Smith, CaTS Dept.
IV. Digital Millennium Copyright Act Update - Vicki Montavon
V. WSU Web Site Update and Demo - Donna Hamilton
1. Web Style Guideline for those who create and/or maintain WSU web pages: http://www.wright.edu/cwis/style/
2. A list of "common" pages maintained by the CWIS staff which others are encouraged to link to rather than recreate the same information: http://www.wright.edu/search/
3. Course listing information that students can link to for planning guides of upcoming quarters and course descriptions: http://www.wright.edu/admissions/registration/winter/courselist.html
4. Results of September, 1999 Web Visitor Survey: http://www.wright.edu/cwis/survey/ One of the survey results was that viewers wanted more pictures. Donna is encouraging submission of pictures for the WSU web site.
The next scheduled meeting will be Thursday, November 18th from 3-5:00 p.m. in Room 169B & C. Please note change of room location for this meeting.