Unclassified Staff Advisory Council
Thursday, January 9, 2014
E156 Student Union
In Attendance: Chris Bethel, Pam Bowers, Misty Cox, Bev Denlinger, Jonathan Jackson, Audwin Jones, Sheila Nahrgang, Aaron Skira, Craig This, Sommer Todd, Jeff Wehmeyer.
Absent: David Finnie, Steve Johnson, Megan McCurdy, Liane Muhlenkamp, Jenny Papadakis, Gretchen Rentz, Courtney Smith, Cindy Vanzant, Valita Wilhoite, Ranee Wyer.
Guest: Adam Horseman.
- Call to Order: Chair Audwin Jones called the meeting to order at 9:01 a.m.
- Approval of minutes: No minutes to approve.
Spring Open Forum Update
- April 8, 2014, 1 p.m. – 3 p.m., E156 Student Union
- USAC/CSAC plan to invite Dr. Polatajko to join us and elaborate on the MDA budget model plans
- USAC subcommittees
- Bylaws and Charter. No report.
- Community Service. No report.
- Compensation, Benefits, and Equity. No report.
- Communications and Marketing. No report.
- Nominations / Fundraising. No report.
- University committees
- Athletic Council.
- Facutly/Staff Appreciation Night went well.
- This was the first time using an online ticket ordering system.
- Did not hear of any issues.
- Dining Services. No report.
- Seeking volunteers for new representative
- Parking Services. No report.
- Symposium on Sustainability in Health Care
- Held at Sharonville Convention Center on March 25, 2014
- 2014 Sustainability Initiatives held to encourage student involvement in sustainability on campus:
- Campus Conservation Nationals
- Safe, Sustainable Labs
- WSU anticipates to achieve the $2 million per year Energy Conservation savings goal.
- University Diversity Advisory Council. No report.
- Wellness and Recreation. No report.
- WSU Bookstore Committee. No report.
- Staff Council Human Resources Committee. No report.
- OSCHE (Ohio Staff Council of Higher Education). No report.
Questions or issues from other unclassified staff in attendance.
- Dr. Berberich's visit to USAC in December was insightful.
- Staff Council should consider separate meetings for USAC and CSAC, as Dr. Berberich develops relationships with each council individually.
- Staff Council – Wednesday, February 12, 2014, 2:00 – 4:00 p.m., 267 University Hall
- USAC Meeting – Thursday, February 13, 2014, 9:00 – 10:30 a.m., E157 Student Union
Chair Audwin Jones adjourned the meeting at 10:30 a.m.
USAC: The purpose of the Unclassified Staff Advisory Council(USAC) is to represent its members to the university by: promoting their general welfare; advocating for unclassified staff through active participation in university governance structure; reviewing, initiating and making recommendation on relevant university policies and procedures; encouraging and facilitating communication among members; and encouraging professional development opportunities. One of the prime responsibilities of this council is to serve the educational community by creating and maintaining an environment conducive to the teaching, learning, research, and service functions of higher education. The recommendations of the council are submitted to the University President.