Unclassified Staff Advisory Council
Thursday, December 12, 2013
157E Student Union
A) Call meeting to order
B) Approval of minutes from November 14, 2013
C) New Business
- Guest Speaker: Dr. Steven Berberich, Associate Provost for Faculty and Staff Affairs
- Brief Introduction
- Concerns from USAC representatives
- Faculty meetings
- Expected level of USAC involvement on search committees
- MDA budget model transition status
- Communication of Wright Way Policy updates
- Update on Search Committees
- Associate Vice President for Human Resources
- Vice President for Enrollment Management and Marketing
- Director of Disability Services
- Raidersgiving 2013 follow-up
- Faculty/Staff Appreciation Night
D) Old Business
- 2014 Winter Break Policy
- Committee updates (time permitting)
- USAC subcommittees
- Community Service
- Compensation, Benefits, and Equity
- Communications and Marketing
- Nominations / Fundraising
- University representatives
- Athletic Council.
- Dining Services.
- New representative volunteers
- Parking Services.
- University Diversity Advocacy Council.
- University Staff Council.
- Wellness & Recreation.
- WSU Bookstore Committee.
- Staff Council Human Resources Committee.
- Lake Campus.
E) Questions or issues from other unclassified staff in attendance
F) Schedule reminders
- University Closure – Tuesday, December 24, 2013 – Wednesday, January 1, 2014
- Staff Council – Wednesday, January 8, 2014, 2:00 – 4:00 p.m., 267 University Hall
- USAC Meeting – Thursday, January 9, 2014, 9:00 – 10:30 a.m., E157 Student Union
- Faculty & Staff Appreciation Night – Friday, January 17, 2014, 7:00 p.m., Wright State University Nutter Center
G) Adjourn meeting
USAC: The purpose of the Unclassified Staff Advisory Council(USAC) is to represent its members to the university by: promoting their general welfare; advocating for unclassified staff through active participation in university governance structure; reviewing, initiating and making recommendation on relevant university policies and procedures; encouraging and facilitating communication among members; and encouraging professional development opportunities. One of the prime responsibilities of this council is to serve the educational community by creating and maintaining an environment conducive to the teaching, learning, research, and service functions of higher education. The recommendations of the council are submitted to the university president.