Unclassified Staff Advisory Council
Thursday, November 8, 2012
008 Student Union/ Rathskellar
- Call meeting to order
- Approval of minutes from October 11, 2012
- USAC Issues
- Strategic Planning Update
- Letter to President Hopkins re: Performance Appraisals
- Raidersgiving Update
- Wellness Program
- Dining Services Charter Committee
- Faculty and Staff Appreciation Night Women’s Basketball Game
- University committee updates
- Athletic Council.
- Dining Services.
- Parking Services.
- Semester Conversion.
- University Diversity Advocacy Council.
- University Staff Council.
- Wellness & Recreation.
- WSU Bookstore Committee.
- Staff Council Human Resources Committee.
- Lake Campus.
- Questions or issues from other unclassified staff in attendance
- Guest Speakers: Sol Solomon, Director, Raider Connect, and Nadine Brown, Assistant Vice President for Enrollment Marketing and Services
- Schedule reminders
- Staff Council—Wednesday, November 14, 2-4 p.m., 267 University Hall
- Lake Staff Advisory Council—Wednesday, November 21, 2-3:30 p.m., Room 177
- Raidersgiving—Thursday, November 22, Noon-2 p.m., Residence Services Community Center
- Wright State Faculty and Staff Appreciation Night: Women’s Basketball Game versus University of Dayton, Wednesday, November 28, 7 p.m., Nutter Center
- USAC Officers Meeting—Thursday, December 6, 9-10 a.m., Café Wright (Library)
- USAC Meeting—Thursday, December 13, 9-10:30 a.m., Rathskellar (008 Student Union)
- Guest Speaker: Jacci McMillan, Quest for Community
- Adjourn meeting
USAC: The purpose of the Unclassified Staff Advisory Council(USAC) is to represent its members to the university by: promoting their general welfare; advocating for unclassified staff through active participation in university governance structure; reviewing, initiating and making recommendation on relevant university policies and procedures; encouraging and facilitating communication among members; and encouraging professional development opportunities. One of the prime responsibilities of this council is to serve the educational community by creating and maintaining an environment conducive to the teaching, learning, research, and service functions of higher education. The recommendations of the council are submitted to the University President.