Unclassified Staff Advisory Council
Thursday, May 9, 2013
010 Student Union
- Call meeting to order
- Approval of minutes from April 4, 2013
- Agenda Items
- Introduce New Members
- Prepare for Unclassified Staff Open Forum
- Guest Speaker: Al Boggs, Assitant Vice President for Human Resources
- University committee updates
- Athletic Council.
- Dining Services.
- Parking Services.
- University Diversity Advocacy Council.
- University Staff Council.
- Wellness & Recreation.
- WSU Bookstore Committee.
- Staff Council Human Resources Committee.
- Lake Campus.
- Questions or issues from other unclassified staff in attendance
- Guest Speakers: Guest Speaker: Herb Dregalla, Director of Semester Conversion, "The First Year of Semesters."
- Dates to Remember
- Unclassified Staff Open Forum--Tuesday, May 14, 2-4 p.m., 156 Student Union
- Dr. Henry Limouze Retirement Celebration--Tuesday, May 14, 4:30-6:00 p.m. Fox and Hound Pub & Grille, Beavercreek, Ohio
- Faculty, Staff, Retiree Picnic--Friday, June 7 (more details to follow)
- Staff Council--Wednesday, June 12, 2-4 p.m., 267 University Hall
- USAC Meeting--Thursday, June 13, 157 Student Union. Guest Speaker: Dr. Kimberly Barrett, Update on Performance Appraisals.
- Adjourn meeting
USAC: The purpose of the Unclassified Staff Advisory Council(USAC) is to represent its members to the university by: promoting their general welfare; advocating for unclassified staff through active participation in university governance structure; reviewing, initiating and making recommendation on relevant university policies and procedures; encouraging and facilitating communication among members; and encouraging professional development opportunities. One of the prime responsibilities of this council is to serve the educational community by creating and maintaining an environment conducive to the teaching, learning, research, and service functions of higher education. The recommendations of the council are submitted to the University President.