Unclassified Staff Advisory Council
Thursday, February 14, 2013
157E Student Union
- Call meeting to order
- Approval of minutes from January 10, 2013
- Brief Update on USAC Issues
- Wellness Program
- Smoking Policy Ad Hoc Committee
- University committee updates
- Athletic Council.
- Dining Services.
- Parking Services.
- Semester Conversion.
- University Diversity Advocacy Council.
- University Staff Council.
- Wellness & Recreation.
- WSU Bookstore Committee.
- Staff Council Human Resources Committee.
- Lake Campus.
- Questions or issues from other unclassified staff in attendance
- Guest Speakers: Robert Sweeney, Executive Vice President for Planning Secretary to Board of Trustees. Wright State University Strategic Plan, 2013-2017, “Relentless”
- Schedule reminders
- USAC Officers Meeting—Thursday, March 7, 9-10 a.m., Café Wright (Library)
- Staff Council— Wednesday February 13th, 2 - 4pm, 267 University Hall
- USAC Meeting— Thursday, March 14, 9-10:30 a.m., E157 Student Union, Guest Speaker: Robert Fyffe, Centers of Excellence Update
- Adjourn meeting
USAC: The purpose of the Unclassified Staff Advisory Council(USAC) is to represent its members to the university by: promoting their general welfare; advocating for unclassified staff through active participation in university governance structure; reviewing, initiating and making recommendation on relevant university policies and procedures; encouraging and facilitating communication among members; and encouraging professional development opportunities. One of the prime responsibilities of this council is to serve the educational community by creating and maintaining an environment conducive to the teaching, learning, research, and service functions of higher education. The recommendations of the council are submitted to the University President.