January 21, 2010
9:00 - 10:30 am
339 Fawcett Hall
Jennifer McCamis, Kary Brigger, Mary Healea, Kevin Knapp, Curt Pederson,
Denise Anderson, David Bringhurst, John Holm, Jacqui Neal, Lindy
Lauterbach, Jason Kohlhepp, Jerry Hensley, Wendy Feerer, and Rob Boley.
USAC Members Absent: Nancy Pestian, Kiel Rottgen, Chris Wydman.
USAC Committee Members Absent: Mary Kenton, Vivian Mitchell, Erin
Brigham, Karen Strider-Iiames, Melissa Vanzant, Craig This.
A. Call to Order
The meeting was called to order by Curt Pederson, USAC Chair, at
B. Approval of Minutes for December 17, 2009.
The minutes were approved as
C. USAC Committee Reports
1. Subcommittee on Employee Compensation and Benefits - Denise
Anderson, David Bringhurst, Mary Healea, Jerry Hensley, Kevin Knapp, Jason Kohlhepp, Kiel Rottgen
- The committee met and drafted a
2. Community Service - Rob Boley, Jacqui Neal, Curt Pederson -
The committee met with Jim Amon and James Runkle in the Biology
Department to discuss a service project in the Biology Preserve.
They discussed possible partnerships with other campus groups,
benefits of using the preserve, and the importance of preserving the
D. WSU Committee Reports
1. Athletic Council - Mary Kenton, Vivian Mitchell - No report.
2. Diversity Advocacy Council - Erin Brigham - No report.
3. Parking Services - John Holm - No report.
4. Semester Conversion Committee - Chris Wydman -
5. Sustainability - Karen Strider-Iiames - No report.
6. University Dining Services - Melissa Vanzant - No report.
7. Wellness and Recreation - Craig This - No report.
8. WSU Bookstore - Mary Healea - The Bookstore will start selling
RTA passes, because Parking and Transportation is moving to
University Park. New options will be available soon for students,
including rental options and digital books.
9. WSU Staff Council - Jacqueline Neal, Mary Healea, Rob Boley, Curt
Pederson, Chris Wydman - The University Budget was discussed, and USAC was
encouraged to have a Compensation and Benefits Subcommittee. Three
vendors are finalists for developing WSU's new master plan. Staff
Liaison Albert Bondurant has helped apprx. 70 staff people with
issues in the past year and a half. Albert's Leadership Academy will
be opening and providing training for supervisors this year, but the
training will not be mandatory.
10. WSU SC President's Award for Excellence - Kevin Knapp, Chris Wydman
- No report.
11. WSU SC Human Resources Committee - Jacqueline Neal, Mary Healea, Rob Boley,
Curt Pederson, Chris Wydman -
Chris' follow-up notes
E. Other Business
|1. USAC Committees
||Curt mentioned that CSAC has
multiple standing committees, and discussed the need for
USAC to have additional committees.
||All: please review the CSAC list to
consider additional USAC committees.
|2. USAC Elections
||Kiel Rottgen, Denise Anderson,
and Rob Boley agreed to serve as the USAC Nomination
Committee. Proposed dates for this this year are nominations
from May 3 to May 10, and elections from May 24 to June 4.
||Rob will draft the official election
|3. Job Swap
||No report at this time.
||Curt will discuss this initiative with the
SC Human Resources Committee in February.
|4. Student Mentoring
||No report at this time.
|5. USAC Pictures for Website
||Kary Brigger sent pictures of USAC members
||Rob Boley will post the pictures to the
|6. University Master Plan
||Curt reported that the three
finalist vendors made a presentation re: how they would
develop a master plan for Wright State. The announcement for
the final vendor will be made soon.
||All: please provide input as the process
|7. Wright One Card Replacement
||Mary Healea mentioned that
Wright One Cards often wear out, resulting in staff having
to buy replacements. We discussed having a system in which
staff could be
||Curt will follow-up.
F. Adjournment and Next Meeting
The meeting was adjourned by Curt Pederson, USAC Chair, at 10:01 a.m. The next meeting is in 339 Fawcett on
Thursday, February 18th @ 9:00 a.m.