March 12, 2009
8:30 - 10:00 am
339 Fawcett Hall
Jason Kohlhepp, Jackie Neal, Jerry Hensley, Helen Kay Dean,
Patrick Kachurek, Kevin Knapp, Curt Pederson, Lisa Bleeke, Mary
Kenton, Mary Healea, Chris Wydman, and Rob Boley.
The meeting was called to order by Chris Wydman, USAC Chair at
A. Welcome by Chris Wydman
B. Approval of Minutes for February 12, 2009.
The minutes were approved as presented.
C. Committee Reports
1. Athletic Council - Mary Kenton, John Sheidler - Athletics is
still trying new strategies to get students and the community more
involved, even with the restrictions of a tightened budget.
2. Diversity Advocacy Council - Helen Kay Dean -
3. Parking Services - Adam Horseman - No report.
4. President's Award for Excellence - Kevin Knapp, Chris Wydman -
The first official meeting will be held in the next couple of weeks.
Increased efforts will be made this year to encourage nominations
and recognize honorees.
5. Sustainability - Jason Kohlhepp - No report. We discussed the
possibility of getting statistics on the recycling efforts. If
anyone has questions or suggestions for the Sustainability
committee, please forward to Jason.
6. University Dining Services - Lisa Bleeke -
7. Wellness and Recreation - Jason Kohlhepp -
8. WSU Bookstore - Mary Healea - Meeting notes will be
9. WSU Staff Council - Barb Bullock, Mary Healea, Rob Boley, Curt
Pederson, Chris Wydman - President Hopkins and Provost Angle attended the
March meeting to discuss the budget and answer questions. No final
decisions about targeted cuts have been made since the budget has
not been finalized. Every effort will be made to minimize staff
reductions. President Hopkins encouraged staff members to send him
creative ideas to cut costs. Also discussed were posting HR FAQ's on
the Human Resources website, organizing a survey to discuss
satisfaction with the high deductible health plan, and having Staff
Liaison Albert Bondurant convene future Staff Council meetings.
10. WSU Human Resources Committee - Barb Bullock, Mary Healea, Rob Boley, Curt
Pederson, John Sheidler, Chris Wydman - The co-chairs met with Human
Resources staff to discuss the relationships between HR and the HR
Committee. HR staff will participate in future HR Committee
D. Other Business
1. USAC/CSAC Lake Campus - Next year, we may hold a joint USAC/CSAC
meeting at the Lake Campus.
2. Staff Pioneers Project - To be discussed at next meeting.
3. Open Forum - To be discussed at next meeting.
4. Water Bottles - To be discussed at next meeting.
5. USAC Elections - The
schedule for USAC Elections
is online. Everyone is encouraged to consider officer
positions for next year.
E. Additional Items
1. Printing - The group discussed the new printing plan on
F. Adjournment and Next Meeting
The meeting was adjourned by Chris Wydman, USAC Chair, at
10:09 a.m. The next meeting is in 339 Fawcett on Thursday, April
9, 2009 @ 8:30