January 8, 2009
8:30 - 10:00 am
339 Fawcett Hall
Kiel Rottgen, Jacqueline Neal, Curt Pederson, Denise Anderson,
Barb Bullock, Jason Kohlhepp, Jerry Hensley, Kary Brigger, Kevin
Knapp, Karin DuChesne, Patrick Kachurek, Adam Horseman, Mary Kenton, and Rob Boley.
The meeting was called to order by Curt Pederson, USAC Chair-Elect at 8:36
I. Welcome by Curt Pederson
II. Approval of Minutes for December 11, 2008.
The minutes were approved as presented.
III. Committee Reports
1. Athletic Council - Mary Kenton, John Sheidler - No report. The
Pre-Game Lecture Series starts in February.
2. Diversity Advocacy Council - Helen Kay Dean -
3. Parking Services - Adam Horseman -
4. President's Award for Excellence - Kevin Knapp, Chris Wydman -
5. Sustainability - Jason Kohlhepp - No report. Minutes will be
6. University Dining Services - Lisa Bleeke - No report.
7. University Staff Council - Barb Bullock, Mary Healea, Rob Boley, Curt
Pederson, Chris Wydman - No report.
8. Wellness and Recreation - Jason Kohlhepp - No report on
Notes from December meeting are
9. WSU Bookstore - Mary Healea - No report.
IV. Other Business
1. Health Break Luncheons - USAC and CSAC will sponsor two
lunches to be held as part of the 2009 University Challenge. These
events will be
held Thursday, January 29th (emotional wellness) and Wednesday, February 4th
2. Water Bottles - To date, we have sold 19 bottles through the
libraries. The bottles are also advertised on the
USAC home page.
3. USAC Elections - Denise Anderson, Kiel Rottgen, and Rob Boley
agreed to serve on the USAC Nomination Committee. The proposed
schedule so far is to have the nomination form online by May 4th
with a deadline of May 11th. Ballots will be online at May 25th with
a deadline of June 3rd.
V. Additional Items
1. Article about Staff Survey - We have a meeting scheduled
with Communications and Marketing to discuss an article about the
Staff Survey (to be published in Dialogue).
2. Cell Phone Policy - WSU will likely have a new policy on WSU
cell phone use.
VI. Adjournment and Next Meeting
The meeting was adjourned by Curt Pederson, USAC Chair-Elect, at
9:01 a.m. The next meeting is in 339 Fawcett on Thursday, February
12, 2009 @ 8:30.