Previous Staff Development Day Events
Getting to Know WSU
When: Friday, March 7, 2014
On August 9th Staff Development Day will focus on a holistic view of healthy initiatives for "U".
When: Friday, August 9, 2013, 8:30 am to 4:00 pm.
Where: Student Union, Apollo and Endeavor Rooms
· KEYNOTE: Healthy Relationships @ Work by Scott Graham
· Low Ropes Course facilitated by Alyson Usserman, Amanda Tingley, and Kim Honious(outdoor activity-morning ONLY)
· Exploring the Campus Woods by James Runkle (outdoor activity-morning ONLY)
· Office Yoga – On and Off the Matt, Instructor Alex Keller
· Manage Your Time... Reduce Your Stress by Brenda Kraner
· Be The Change by Kimberly Barrett
· Introduction to Mindful Eating Daniela Burnworth
· Campus Rec Center Tour by Drew Corbett
· Social time – Fruit Cups and Raffle
Schedule of Events
Session and Presenter Info
Mark your calendars... you don't want to miss this one!
Look for registration information the week of July 22nd.
Please contact Lena Friend or Julia Acosta.
Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Many of the sessions were taped and can be viewed here.
Enhance your personal and professional communication skills by listening to:
- J. Alex Alexander speak to the power of the unspoken message
- J. Michael Bernstein on communication differences in the five generations we now have on campus
- Joe Keferl confront the stigma of disability head on by addressing the realities of our natural and conditioned responses to people with disabilities
- Todd Dewett illuminate the importance of next level conversation
- How you can support the Gay, Lesbian, Bixsexual, Transgender and Questioning community through Safe Space Training
- Jennifer Turpin and Leslie Clem discuss simple healthy lifestyle changes that can build healthier and stronger communities
- Albert Bondurant on Performance Management as an ongoing process that includes the annual Performance Appraisal
- Network with your co-workers over coffee and dessert
Specific session information can be found here.
The following information is from the sessions held Friday, July 2, 2012:
"What can YOU do at the U"
Staff Development Day
is a collaboration between the Classified and Unclassified Staff Advisory Councils and has been a proven success for the university community for the past seven years. As a component of the WSU Strategic Plan, Staff Development Day strives to encourage and support the professional development and wellness of staff.
Our theme, What can YOU do at the U, embraces Wright State University’s commitment to our growth and our community. Your program evaluations of past Staff Development Days have guided us to choose programs that return us to our roots.
We hope you enjoyed your day and hope you fill out the survey
, even if you were unable to attend, please let us know why you couldn't be there. We appreciate and look forward to your feedback.