Top Level About Banner
Wright State University, inspired by the creative spirit of the Wright brothers, will be Ohio’s most learning-centered and innovative university, known and admired for our inclusive culture that respects the unique value of each of our students, faculty, staff, and alumni and for the positive transformative impact we have on the lives of our students and the communities we serve.
We transform the lives of our students and the communities we serve.
- build a solid foundation for student success at all levels through high-quality, innovative programs;
- conduct scholarly research and creative endeavors that impact quality of life;
- engage in meaningful community service;
- drive the economic revitalization of our region and our state and empower all of our students, faculty, staff, and alumni to develop professionally, intellectually, and personally.
Wright State University values
- People: Success, diversity
- Learning: Discovery, innovation, scholarship
- Partnerships: Regional, entrepreneurial, global
- Relationships: Collegial, professional, ethical
- Sustainability: Social justice, economic opportunity, environmental protection
- Stewardship: Fiscal, intellectual
Academic Quality and Program Distinctiveness
Enhance our distinctive learning experiences to produce talented graduates with the knowledge, skills, and dispositions essential for lifelong learning and the ability to lead and adapt in a rapidly changing world.
- Objective A: Assess student learning and program level outcomes; gather and analyze data; and use results to improve learning.
- Objective B: Enrich academic and professional programs.
- Objective C: Recruit and retain a nationally/internationally recognized diverse, learning-centered faculty and staff.
Student Access and Educational Attainment
Enhance student access and success of a diverse student body through quality and innovative instruction and student life programs that lead to graduation and career placement.
- Objective A: Improve the enrollment and retention of direct-from-high-school, graduate, and nontraditional student populations.
- Objective B: Enhance degree completion.
- Objective C: Develop effective educational processes to assist students in meeting post-graduation career and educational goals.
Research and Innovation
Attain regional and national prominence and leadership in creative, use-inspired research, scholarship, and entrepreneurism.
- Objective A: Enhance the pipeline of opportunities and incentives for faculty and student research.
- Objective B: Broaden the participation of faculty, staff, and students in collaborative research programs that revitalize the region’s economy.
- Objective C: Foster a research-centric and entrepreneurial culture.
Community and Economic Development
Promote educational, social, cultural, economic and sustainable development with local, state, national and global partners through our leadership or supportive collaboration. Create a campus culture that values and supports community engagement and economic development.
- Objective A: Increase the opportunities within the curriculum for community engagement.
- Objective B: Enhance Wright State’s presence within the Dayton/west central Ohio regions and beyond in ways that are important to the community.
- Objective C: Offer degree and other education programs consistent with regional and state needs.
Develop and maintain the human, fiscal, and physical resources required to accomplish the university’s strategic goals.
- Objective A: Enhance human resources operations to support the professional development and wellness of faculty and staff.
- Objective B: Enhance fiscal and operational management.
- Objective C: Generate increased revenue.
- Objective D: Increase investments in facilities, with a particular emphasis on information management, to achieve strategic goals.
Statistics & Numbers
Wright State University is proud to participate in College Portrait of Undergraduate Education: Voluntary System of Accountability. Visit the College Portrait website for a report that outlines many areas of undergraduate education at Wright State, including financial aid data, admitted-student population profile, and student satisfaction survey results.