Top Level About Banner
Provide leadership to promote and support social, cultural and economic development within the region through our collaborations with local, state, national and global partners.
Enhance the university’s presence with the Dayton/West Central Ohio regions, and beyond, in ways that benefit communities.
- The vice president for multicultural affairs and community engagement in collaboration with the Wright State Foundation created a Social Entrepreneurship Fund to support the implementation of creative, paradigm-shifting ideas to address some of our communities’ most significant needs.
- The Wright State University Foundation served as the financial backer for the Dayton Regional STEM School, Wright State Physicians, and Miami Valley Research Park Foundation, helping to secure financing for capital projects.
- Wright State On the Road, which featured President David R. Hopkins visiting alumni and friends in various Raider Country settings, was successfully promoted by Communications and Marketing and Alumni Relations.
- Wright State started the first alumni network/society to engage alumni and raise money for scholarships. The group includes the African American Alumni Society, Nonprofit Leadership Alliance, Washington, D.C., Alumni Network, Boonshoft School of Medicine Alumni Society, Greater Cleveland Alumni Network, Greater Cincinnati Alumni Network, Greater Columbus Alumni Network, Greater Dayton Alumni Network, Greater New York City Alumni Network, Indianapolis Alumni Network, International Alumni, Lake Campus Alumni Network, Tampa Alumni Network, Social Work Alumni Society, and Student Alumni Association.
- The Advancement Division engaged alumni and friends in events like ArtsGala, Heritage Society, and the Katharine Wright Legacy Society.
Develop and sustain the human, financial and physical resources required to accomplish the university’s strategic goals.
Enhance fiscal and operational management.
- Wright State is considered a “gold standard” university after 50 percent of faculty, staff, and retirees participated in the Campus Scholarship and Innovation Campaign, raising more than $1.8 million.
- By combining investments in the Wright State Foundation portfolio, the Wright State University Foundation, the Lake Campus Board, the Western Ohio Education Fund, and the Wright State University Alumni Association provided a greater scope of investment potential then they might otherwise realize.
- Since July 1, 2008, 242 new scholarships were funded through the efforts led by the Advancement Division.
- ArtsGala generated $485,000 for scholarships for Wright State’s fine and performing arts students.
- Since 2008, the Wright State Foundation Board of Trustees Scholarship Fund has raised more than $67,000. In fiscal year 2011, 40 scholarships were awarded.
- With gifts starting at $10,000, the Wright State Heritage Society inductees reached a total of 1,698 members.
Statistics & Numbers
Wright State University is proud to participate in College Portrait of Undergraduate Education: Voluntary System of Accountability. Visit the College Portrait website for a report that outlines many areas of undergraduate education at Wright State, including financial aid data, admitted-student population profile, and student satisfaction survey results.